To cook burgers on a grill or BBQ
all you need to do is follow a few simple rules, it's not a complicated process
1. To start with buy the best quality burgers you can find, the best chefs in the world can't make a poor quality burger taste good.
2. Buy a burger press and press your burgers before putting them on the BBQ, this will make the burgers even ensuring the burger cooks at the same rate it will also give a nice griddle effect on the burger.
3. Flip the burgers regular (every 2 minutes) so both sides are cooked the same
4. Add black pepper while the burgers are cooking on the BBQ, the most effective seasoning is during the cooking process it makes a big difference.
5. Don't burn the burgers, if you think they are cooking to quickly take them off the BBQ and wait for a few minutes then start cooking again, if you burn the burgers it's most likely the inside will not be cooked
6. Cooking time can take from 6 minutes to 12 minutes depending on the burgers weight and size, once the burgers are cooked place them on a platter to rest for 2 or 3 minutes.
7. Have fun with the toppings, onions, mushrooms, lettuce, tomatoes, sauces, cheese, bacon the combinations are endless, check out our burger suggestions below.
Barbecue catering team - Our favorite burger recipes
Here at barbecue catering
HQ we are lucky enough to have chefs and staff from around the world so as you can imagine creating recipes and ideas is never an issue.
I asked two of the barbecue catering staff how they like their burgers:
BEE (in house chef) Is originally from Thailand and makes the most amazing thai food we have ever tasted but how does she like her burgers? - "Tripple cheese and chilli marinade, it's very popular in the North East of Thailand"
Not something I've ever tried but now we know what we are having for lunch, here is the recipe for you to try yourself.
Bee's triple cheese and chili marinade Thai burger
1 x 4oz beef burger
Soft cheese spread
Grated cheddar cheese
1. Simply cook the burger as normal for 5 or 6 minutes
2. Finley chop the onion, red chilis and garlic and add to a mixing bowl
3. Add a drop of soy sauce and sunflower oil and mix into a paste
4. Slice a basil leaf and add to the mixture
5. Spread the soft cheese top and bottom of the bun
6. Place the burger on the bottom bun and spread a covering of the paste
7. Add the mozzarella and finally the grated cheese on the top
8. Burger is now complete and ready to eat
Now for my own burger :-) as I am from the good old US of A.... as you can imagine I've tried a lot fo burgers over the years and it's difficult to pick the best one but here is a recipe I'm sure you will enjoy.
Katie's Mom's homemade burger
When you read this recipe it might not sound that appetizing but I assure you it is worth trying it.
When I was younger we had to make every penny count and that was especially true when it came to feeding a family of four at super time.
500g minced meat
2 eggs, beaten Salt and pepper Mix together, then form patties and cook on the grill.
This recipe not only taste good but increases the amount of food being served making your pound go further !